Monday, August 16, 2010

First Reactions.....yikes!



I am sorry it took so long. my internet would not hook up, so I had to wait and to wait!..... Lets make a date!
I have sooo many things to tell you already! I am making a log of all of the craziness that comes with China.. First I noticed that China really has regular city stuff here has been my life so far......

airplane- good flight no delays- met a really nice chinese lady named Susan, we talked most of the time, and I watched Kickass which was really funny and bloody.

upon arrive there were two guys holding welcome signs for me, the secretary from the Shanghai school was also there. They brought me subway, orange juice and sent me on my way to Hangzhou-

While driving I found lots of men peeing on the road in broad daylight.. Lots of men also are not wearing shirts.

It is HOT! it kinda feels like your swimming, but your not because there is still enough oxygen to breath, but if you wave your arms and kick you might get through the air faster.

So today is Saturday and it is about 4:30pm Mac says 2:38 am for you!

Today I woke up at 6 and went for a walk, where I sweat off a good 2 pounds...- side note- my apartment is HUGE! I have a large bedroom with a gigantic bed that is hard ...but GIGANTIC! with a balcony. I have a little side room with a desk and a bathroom attached to my room. I have a good sized living room with a couch TV table and chairs. I have another bathroom that also has a mini washer and dryer.... a small but feasible kitchen, and a guest bedroom with another tiny balcony..all of the floors are wood, and the air conditioning is COLD!! YES! when I got here they gave my 1000 dollars in chinese money, and they left toothpaste, dish soap, some fruit, bread, PB and J and cornflakes.. They know how to take care of a sista!

So I went for a hot walk.... I noticed there was a Spa about a block away sweeet! Came back after an hour cause I smelled! and was super swassy!- still no internet :(

so I left a note on the downstairs door if anyone went out that I would like to go. There are two couples who live in the same building as I do and they came up and we went to town.
Hangzhou is MUCH more beautiful then I thought. there is regular city which is kinda busy and a hair dirty but most of the city is green nestled in the hills and gorgeous... All I kept thinking is man..... everyone has to see this!

we went shopping and school gave me a sim card with money on it so I bought a really cheap phone to use if I need it. after that we went to eat. and between my friends eating intestines or testicles and using chopsticks for everything, I did not get much down.... Did I mention I am going to be skinny.......yikes!

after that we walked through town more and doooooo do dooooooooooo! i found a WINE SHOP!!! where I prompt bought a bottle of French Merlot.... thank god for wine.

SO after several Swassy hours and a gross lunch, where i most ate a little rice... I get back to my place and find that our tech guy has set me up on the net!!

HAaaaaaaaaLLELUJAH!!! HaaaaaaaALLELUJAH HALLELUJAH HALLELUJAH HA LLEEEE LU JAH!

yeay! ready for contact with the motherland!

) we are heading out in a few hours for dinner and to go to the wet market, which should be interesting!

ps. did I mention you poo on the floor...... not in the apartments but out at other places... the bathrooms have tiny doors, no tissue paper, and things for you to hover and poo on..... wow..... that will take some getting used to...

pps. everyone in Hangzhou speaks Chinese..... who would have thought?!

ppps.. I have a huge apartment......all should come visit....there is much to be seen

pppps. people do wear china hats while working outside......oh! and they DO carry umbrellas to shade the sun....

ok.... more in this later! sorry a LOT to take in.


Zia Jian!

ppppps. I still smell so I am taking a shower, and going to eat a pb and J!
- Show quoted text -

1 comment: