Thursday, August 19, 2010

Fung...Us Among...Us

Dearest Bloggy Blogger,

Wow I really like writing to you, I have no clue if any of my devoted friends, family, or past students will find the interest to slop through my carrying on and bad grammar..... but it feels good to talk about things, and I know later in life when I am sitting in my bathtub after a night on the town spent listening to jazz music and getting burritos with Step-hen, I will be excited to re-live my memories.... So if not for you...then it's for me.

So... This week has been a bit easier, the old school crew has come back and there are some very neat katz in the crowd and some typical teachers that would be at any school. I do feel like overall it will be a positive environment to work in.

Soooooo here is my big story this week.... My pals... Maranda, Josie (they are both teachers and live in my building, they are also awesome) and I have really been wanting to get pedicures we have been walking a lot and our feet are quite rough! So ... we have trying all over, and you know what. Pedicures... are not easy to find in China ...at least here... If you want your face bleached, there are probably 10 places within the three block radius of my building....but pedicure....not so much. So try and fail, and... try again AND!!! fail.
Finally Last night we were able to find a spot and between us hackong Chinese and many a wild gesture, we were able to get the point across that we were looking for pedicures. They said "GREAT"- and thats when I was reminded...oh yeah...this is China... not the US. Lets just say it was the most interesting pedicure experience I have ever had..... aside from sharing some toe fungus with my friends, looking at a glamour shout of a boy baby wearing a cooking gown with his tid bits hanging out, trying to save a frog from sudden death, and receiving the coolest toes and goat flip flops, it was your normal job.


This picture is an ode to the ladies who worked hard for us to make us beautiful!
and to my toes for being good sports. Cheers and talk with you soon

nikki

1 comment:

  1. i had some amazing foot and leg massages over there too...

    ReplyDelete